Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray[_22_] Ray[_22_] is offline

Default Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 11/10/2019 01:22 AM, Ray wrote:
Even AWS doesn't add anything to the mix other than a service.

That’s not true of kindles and ebooks alone.

To be accurate, Foxconn manufactures the kindles, along with some of the
competing devices. Amazon designs and distributes them.

Not true of the ebooks. Amazon does a lot more than just provide a service.

Ever hear of Gregg Zehr? He cut his teeth at Palm and runs Lab126, where
the Kindle family originated. For his 10th anniversary with the company
Amazon gave him a special employee badge with a red border. I doubt he has
seen his first million.

Irrelevant to whether Amazon is much more than just a service.

I would imagine the Amazon Basics line also enriches the economy of China.

Of course it does, but Amazon also enriches authors too.

Gates, or I should say Microsoft, does create software.

And some hardware. So has amazon.

Hardware for MS has been a mixed bag.

Yes but it has been for all the others like Google and Apple and Amazon too.

Apple's walled garden has done much better.

Not in the areas that MS has done well with hardware,
games consoles and stuff like keyboards and mice.

Speaking of Foxcomm...

Foxconn isnt the only operation