Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar powered PIR triggered light

Well mine are put back by the collectors but then I'm on an assisted
collection. Have you every tried putting bins out when you cannot see?,
indeed finding them and bringing them back, I need some homing bins.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John" wrote in message
2.236...
"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote in
:

Of course you might consider tactile marking your bins. Say a few
holes in the wheelie bin side flange of the lid to correspond to the
colour. I have done this for obvious reasons four bins 1 to four
holes. Also acts as a way to know if its your bin or somebody elses.
I'm sure there are other tactile solutions short self tapping screws
instead of holes, for example.
I did test cable ties on the hinges but these were broken of by the
wheelie
bin Lorry when it grabbed and emptied them.
Brian

Good idea Brian - but I also want to ensure that the bogey man isn't
lurking there to jump out on me!

After many years I haven't got into the habit of orienting the bins in any
particular way.