Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

On 11/10/2019 01:22 AM, Ray wrote:
Even AWS doesn't add anything to the mix other than a service.

That’s not true of kindles and ebooks alone.

To be accurate, Foxconn manufactures the kindles, along with some of the
competing devices. Amazon designs and distributes them. Ever hear of
Gregg Zehr? He cut his teeth at Palm and runs Lab126, where the Kindle
family originated. For his 10th anniversary with the company Amazon gave
him a special employee badge with a red border. I doubt he has seen his
first million.

I would imagine the Amazon Basics line also enriches the economy of China.

Gates, or I should say Microsoft, does create software.

And some hardware. So has amazon.

Hardware for MS has been a mixed bag. Apple's walled garden has done
much better. Speaking of Foxcomm...