Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default No timer on HW/CH system?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:28:32 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay
wrote:

snip

And I'm guessing you can still have a reasonable 'frost' setting for
when the dog is left there (or give the dog a smartphone). ;-)

The default is 7 dog but you can set it to whatever you like, it is just
like one of the normal setting periods.

Understood.

So (if we were to go the Hive style way) we would need the Hive Hub,
the Receiver that presumably would go where the old thermostat was (or
re-connect it back near the boiler) and the Hive thermostat that would
go somewhere else in the lounge if the existing hole was taken up by
the receiver or on the hole if we put the receiver elsewhere?

https://www.hivehome.com/products/hi...ing/tech-specs

Looks like it's £179 for d-i-y and you get a free Amazon Echo Dot
(that I presume you can use to control the heating without buying
anything extra)?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. In our scenario we now need to cover the needs of a 'yoot' who
often spends quite a bit of time in her own room. The CH system is
'old skool' where there is only one thermostat in the lounge and so if
said 'yoot' has her door shut, then her room can get too hot / cold.