Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 9:11:30 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 11/09/2019 01:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/9/2019 2:04 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/09/2019 07:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
It takes a lot of work to become a billionaire and along the way most
have created jobs, invested in the start up of other companies and kept
the economy in good shape. Nothing is stopping you and I from doing the
same if we have the ability and courage to do so.

Some have, and some have destroyed jobs in the US by moving
manufacturing plants and outsourcing jobs. Do you think those that got
rich in the shaky financial manipulations that almost brought down the
economy were beneficial? Do you think wealthy patent trolls are a good
thing?

Your point? There are criminals and unethical people everywhere but
that should not stop the rest of the population from success. Take away
the billions and they would still be nast.

So have 'most' created jobs and kept the economy in good shape?

Absolutely, what an absurd question.

What
were they doing when the Fed had to bail out Wall Street? That is as
accurate as saying most Irishmen are drunks.

Actually, as I recall, some companies were taken over by other companies
back in 2008 when they failed. Do small businesses come to the aid of
their competitors or any other business for that matter? The local
baker is failing, does the auto dealer come help him?

At one point, maybe in the last century, I would agree with you. However
currently the money is in the FIRE sector, most of which is unproductive
churning. The DOW sets new record; what does that mean?

It means that stock buyers are more aggressive than the sellers, that they
believe in the companies they are buying. And overwhelmingly they are
right and have been right, through most of history. The economy is growing,
GDP is growing, corp profits are growing. What planet are you on?