Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

On Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 1:26:49 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 11/09/2019 07:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It means my 401k is looking good today. Could turn to crap tomorrow though.

Back before the dotcom bubble burst I had a friend who was checking his
401 about every hour and rubbing his hands. He told me I was stupid to
have a stodgy old traditional IRA. I didn't even have to tell him to
STFU when the roller coaster started down. I didn't lose a dime.

Fact is I've never paid to much attention to money matters.

You're confused again. A traditional IRA can be invested in stocks too
and most are. One poor period doesn't negate the fact that the stock
market has returned about 8% over the long term, which is what people
should be looking at for an IRA. What's the alternative? Put it into
a bank or bonds earning 3%?