Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unusual RCD tripping by tumble drier

Last year we had a problem with our 5-year old Beko tripping the RCD
when it was turned on (NB it had been modified during a recall shortly
after we bought it). It only did it on that one day and has been fine since.

A month ago it ran through its drying cycle with no problem, and beeped
that it had finished. We removed the dry washing, and took it away. When
we returned a couple of minutes later, we found the RCD had tripped.
This has occurred twice again - the dryer is fine working, but trips the
RCD as it cools down. Once cool, it seems ok and can be used again.

I'll have a look inside to see if there's anything obvious, but has
anyone heard of a fault which behaves this way?

It may be time for a new drier, but I'm intrigued as to what this one is
doing.

--

Jeff