Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar powered PIR triggered light

On 09/11/2019 16:52, John wrote:
I want a light for the area at the side of the house where my bins are
kept. It is so dark I sometimes can't tell the colour of the bins. Mains is
not convenient so I am wondering if there are any decent solar ones.
Useage may be only for the odd 30 seconds 2 or 3 times a week - so I would
hope that the winter sky might be enough to keep the batteries charged.
Any suggestions (other than take my torch)?

PIR LED light powered by 3 C cells. eg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HS42LNK/

I have one over my back door and it is invaluable for finding the
keyhole in near total darkness. It lasts more than a year on a set of
batteries.

Not worth trying to do it with solar power the thing will fail every
winter just like the local solar powered "please go round the bend"
signs do round here. They are always dead in the water 2 hours after
sunset in mid-winter. Inoperative early on frosty mornings like today.

They wreck a set of rechargeable batteries every year without fail!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown