Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 12:08:13 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 9 Nov 2019 06:23:44 -0600, Ken
wrote:

Roscoe wrote:
Â* Bernie or Liz I think asked that and it got me thinking.Â* A billion
is a thousand thousands.Â*

Nope.

Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

I think a billion is a thousand million.

In Britain until 1974 or so, a billion wass a million millions. That
might be what confused Roscoe. Government usage was changed then to
what you said, with the hope that when others use it to mean a million
million, they will be explicit about that.

WTF?

In the USA some other countries it's what you said.

wtF?

A thousand thousands is a
million. I hope you did not get this definition from Pocahontas.

Just a semantic question for wheich you gave a pretty good answer, and
yet you had to add something unrelated and stupid.

You have the monopoly on stupid.