Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

Frank wrote:
On 11/9/2019 12:19 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 03:27:23 -0600, Roscoe wrote:

Â*Â* Bernie or Liz I think asked that and it got me thinking.Â* A billion
is a thousand thousands.Â* Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?

Speaking for myself, I don't need it.

I read the question as "do we really need billionaires?"Â* The answer to
me is yes.Â* They have enough wealth to generated more wealth.Â* It is
often said that you do not create wealth by distributing it.Â* In the
extreme if we all had an equal share of the nations wealth there would
be no large investments in generating more wealth and we would stagnate.

You touched on the major difference between someone who has money and
someone who does not. Simple logic dictates that simply working for a
living can be profitable, but either having additional people work for
you (aka start a business) or investing and having your money work for
you is the way to financial security. Many people are not willing to
take either risk. They just complain when someone else is successful.