Ed Larsen

Default New Roof Leaks Already

We had a similar issue on our 9 year old house. We were having some bathroom
work done and hte contractor looked at it for us. The roof jacks which are
the covers around pipe penetations in the roof. They seal the gap around the
pipe had cracks in the rubber. Silicone caulk and the leak was fixed. They
used to use lead roof jacks, and now use these worthless rubber things.
Contractor said the price difference is only a few bucks a piece. I guess if
you are ahome builder and building hundreds of home then a few bucks times a
few thousand is a bunch of bucks.

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
I bought my house about three and a half years ago and had a brand new
composite shingle roof put on it. After some recent rain storms, I
noticed some discoloration in an area of acoustic ceiling, which I
assume is a sure sign of a roof leak. The wrinkle is that my roofer
has since moved away, and I'm not even sure he's still doing roofing
as a profession. How long is the warranty on most roofs? Do I even
have a course of action if my roofer is no longer in business, or am I
just SOL?

Thanks in advance.

-F