Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Emulsion first coat for wet room?

On 09/11/2019 13:06, wrote:
On Saturday, 9 November 2019 12:16:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
We have some bare (skimmed) plaster in our new wet room, what should
one use for a first coat? I.e. can it be thinned 'ordinary' emulsion
or should it be thinned bathroom/kitchen emulsion? We have some of
the Screwfix special 'first coat' emulsion left over form another job
(where it worked well), can we use that?

any of those 3, or a water coat followed by full strength emulsion works better.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Paint
That also shows how to mouldproof it.

I understood that ideally the first coat should not have a plastic/vinyl
content so a watered down mat emulsion or the Screwfix first coat (well
stirred and watered down 10%) would be preferable.