Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting a paving slab

On Saturday, 9 November 2019 10:57:36 UTC, Bert Coules wrote:
I have to make a single cut in a two inch thick basic concrete paving slab.
I believe that dry power cutting is frowned on these days for the usual
health and safety reasons, and it doesn't seem worthwhile to hire a wet
cutter for a single slab, but I'd like to finish with as neat and clean an
edge as possible and previous experience suggests that chiselling and
hammering (even if the preliminary channels are made on both surfaces and
both edges) won't necessarily provide that. Are there any handy tips for a
neater result? Does the sharpness of the bolster chisel make any
appreciable difference? Many thanks.

The only way you'll get a neat cut is with an angle grinder. Wear a mask if worried about dust. Smacking it with a chisel will not succeed.

NT