Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Cutting a paving slab

On 09/11/2019 10:57, Bert Coules wrote:
I have to make a single cut in a two inch thick basic concrete paving
slab. I believe that dry power cutting is frowned on these days for the
usual health and safety reasons, and it doesn't seem worthwhile to hire
a wet cutter for a single slab, but I'd like to finish with as neat and
clean an edge as possible and previous experience suggests that
chiselling and hammering (even if the preliminary channels are made on
both surfaces and both edges) won't necessarily provide that.Â* Are there
any handy tips for a neater result?Â* Does the sharpness of the bolster
chisel make any appreciable difference?Â* Many thanks.

Just use an angle grinder - it will take a few minutes and give you a
clean cut.