Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Where do smart meters get their power from?

Jeff Layman wrote :
This means that when we drive by to read your meter, the alarm will be
detected by us and we will investigate to see if there is a leak. This helps
us all save even more water, energy and money."

Considering that most leaks are "silent", that could be of interest - even if
it takes 6 months to actually notice when the next meter reading is taken!

We quite often see YW vans, but I have never spotted what might be a YW
meter reading van. I suppose there would be nothing to prevent them
equipping a numerous of their vans with the receivers, to pick up the
alarms and report them.