Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where do smart meters get their power from?

Oh, I see, I have at long last found somebody in EDF Energy who knows about
the speech enabled remote unit. I have not asked the question about power,
but presumably its either a thing like a charging cradle for a phone or just
dry cells and only communicates when you are pressing buttons.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Clive Page wrote:

does the power that they use come out of what the consumer pays for?

no, it comes from the unmetered side.

But what about the smart gas meter?

They have a 10 year D-Cell to talk to the smart electricity meter, they
only send readings every 30 minutes.