Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default No timer on HW/CH system?

On 08/11/2019 18:14, T i m wrote:
Combi boiler in a flat with just a room stat in the lounge (from what
I can see).

Can you get (at a reasonable cost) a simple Clock / timer stat for
such circumstances and if so, would / could they be battery powered,
assuming the stat isn't currently fed by mains?

Cheers, T i m

An any modern electronic room stat provides timing. My controller box is
configured to be on for CH 100% of the time and my room stat provides
the timing with 4 off configurable on/off periods each with its own
temperature for both on and off.

While mine is a wireless module with the receiver fitted to the location
of my old "simple" thermostat the mains switching is achieved by use of
a relay. I assume any battery run thermostat will have a relay for any
mains voltage switching.