Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Fitting TRVs

On 08/11/2019 12:07, wrote:
On Friday, 8 November 2019 12:02:37 UTC, alan_m wrote:
For the tails I already had
https://www.screwfix.com/p/rothenber...-spanner/95088
which made this part of the job much easier.

That tool looks like a vast improvement on the radiator spanner I used last time. I used a radiator spanner and ended up having to hit it with a hammer to get it to shift.

As I was living in a flat, and doing the work in evenings, I did that particular job on bonfire night to minimise disturbance to everyone else.

The ratchet handle is the same as you get with a 1/2 inch socket set for
a car etc. so if you already have this maybe the stepped socket can be
purchased separately. I don't know if the Screwfix is the same as mine
as the one I have also has deep grooves in two faces of the hex steps to
suite the fittings that have two internal lugs. This is shown in

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Todays-To...AOSwItRdVSl v

or

https://tinyurl.com/y64h5tk4