Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sansui QRX 5500 quadrophonic receiver one channel is out but thenan accident brought it back, (for a breif time)

Trevor Wilson wrote:

**Output relays. Replace 'em or clean em. Very common in 40 ~ 50 year
old equipment. In fact, I have a Sansui AU919 with precisely that problem..

** Certainly true.

I can spend hours on an old Jap receiver, from one of the major brands before it is all working again.

Corroded toggle, pushbutton and rotary switches, pots, RC sockets, multi-pin connectors, wire wrap joints, fuse clips, bulb sockets, noisy tuning gang bearings, bad headphone jacks, dead back lights and maybe a few leaky or open electros. Plus of course speaker relays.

Almost nothing in parts, but heaps of time that must be paid for.

...... Phil