Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leighton1210 Leighton1210 is offline

Default air tank for vacuum

replying to bob prohaska, Leighton1210 wrote:
It is 68 weight hydraulic oil. The real issue with it isn't the amount of oil
we are trying to vacuum up. The issue is the heat involved along with the
length of hose needed to do the job. I apologize for not stating that in the
original text. The hose is 15 foot long, 1 inch diameter. The depth of the
oil is only around 1 to 1 1/2 inches, but, it covers an area approximately 160
square feet. I would be constantly pulling air along with the oil.
Sometimes, though, there is debris that will get vacuumed up. All of these
minor items, i believe, causes the issue that I have. I'm just not sure of a
good way to do this, other than when the oil is cooled off. As for the valve
on the vacuum line, I should be able to put a valve on the vacuum head. I can
make it adjustable and see what happens.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...um-649262-.htm