twiedeman

Default Refridge compartment only is warm

Look closely at the evaporator side of your system,specifically the defrost
timer,evap. coils/fins,evap moter,defrost heater elements. It sounds like it
is not defrosting as it should

"Marc" wrote in message
Hi,
In the past two years we had two episodes where my 2001 side-by-side

Kenmore
fridge-freezer worked fine, but the fridge warmed up. Both times were

fixed
by a hair dryer heating the cold air vent (blows cold air into the fridge
and what I think is a return vent (on the lower side of the fridge) in the
fridge. Can you tell me the most common causes and what I can do to

prevent
another reoccurrence?

Thanks, Marc