Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Boris' BREXIT (Not actually Brexit)

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 13:38:14 +0000, Spike wrote:

Well, we've had nearly five decades to see how the EEC/EC/EU runs, and
it's resulted in a significant fall in support.

A supermajority in 1975 wasn't a requirement for staying in, but ~66
percent didn't vote to stay in in 2016, so it could be said there was a
supermajority for leaving. At least, that's what the bigger picture
looks like.

Well, I think you make a fair point there, Spike. The BIG difference of
course is we were told membership was only about a *common market* for
goods and services - a proposition no rational person would reject. NOW,
however, we *know* membership involves far, far, far more than that:
membership of a United States of Europe - a prospect that no rational
person could possibly *accept*.

We know you don't even want a United Kingdom, since you've left it.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.