Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Enough sockets in a modern house

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 14:47:35 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
Given most sockets are needed for piddling low current stuff (power
supplies of some description) the best way to uprate the number of
sockets in a room/house is a job lot of 1m 4-gang extension cables.

Fine if whatever they're feeding conceals them. Otherwise, look like a
bodge.

Ours are shoved behind/under sofas and chairs. Not in sight at all. With
an added bonus that you don't need to move furniture to get to them.

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? ;-)

Definitely not in our case. The layout of furniture in the room has
changed over the years (particularly since I got married) and at one
end, one double socket is behind a bookcase and the other is behind a
china cabinet - both immovable without emptying them first. A short
extension leads from behind the china cabinet and is tucked away between
it and the end wall 6" away from it. It normally feeds the cabinet
lights, but often gets used for phone charging and running a fan in hot
weather.

SteveW