Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Any GRP roofing experts out there?

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 18:42:23 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip

Re gel-coat, I've only ever applied it directly to a mould where it's
then followed by the resin / fibreglass and because std gel is
anaerobic (?), you don't need to prep the gelcoat to get the resin to
bond effectively.

It needs to go on within 24 hours or you have to abrade the surface
before applying.

That sounds familiar. ;-)

snip

I was thinking of putting a fibreglass roof on my (10x6') shed that is
still in Mums back garden but I imagine the materials would cost quite
a bit these days?

Ah! I have a can of resin, some accelerator about 4m2 of heavy chopped
strand matt and enough gelcoat for about 5m2. Plus the tools for which I
will have no further use.

Ok ...

I planned to offer it as an inducement:-)

No 'inducement' needed mate, happy to pop over any time (but thanks
very much for the kind offer. With that in mind I'll leave the
'temporary' DPM on there (that seems to be holding for now) and wait
for the nicer weather). ;-)

The telephone engineer is
booked for the afternoon of the 12th Nov!

I'll get her to put it in her diary.

I can't see there being any issues as we tested all we could from
different directions and I can't see anyone complaining about not
having to run cables. ;-)

Cheers, T i m