Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default H&M Powermaster transformer/controller (blown capacitor)

On 04/11/2019 19:10, Graeme wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes
On 03/11/2019 11:46, Graeme wrote:

Â*http://www.binnsroad.co.uk/misc/powermaster/

I can't see a proper earth on that thing.

The earth is soldered directly to the side of the transformer.

Gaugemaster do nice new ones with a lifetime warranty.
I bought a s/h four channel one with one faulty channel and sent it
back and they repaired it without question.

Gaugemaster are good, but not enough amps for 0 gauge.Â* Bench power
supplies are great, 0-20v (some 0-30v), up to 5 amps.Â* The Powermaster
supplies 0-12v up to 2.5 amps, which is plenty for most locos, and far
more than a Duette or other, similar, later models.

the guagemaster do 2.5A