Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Fixing curtain pole track pulling from wall

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019 17:52:20 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 21:31:50 UTC, larkim wrote:
On Sunday, 3 November 2019 20:46:02 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Also, it seems odd they are pulling from the wall, are the curtains
particularly heavy? Is there somebody in the household who yanks them
because they are sticking perhaps. This is easy to fix with some cleaning
and lubrication if its a properly designed rail.
Maybe you need rawl bolts, done right you can swing on those once they are
in.
Brian

Just badly fitted by the previous occupants.

Screws too short & weak plaster are very common. Kids' horseplay doesn't help.

NT

Concrete lintels here, so SDS! (I still remember using a Rawltool when we
first moved in iin the '60s). To use screws that were too long for 'modern'
plugs (at least the old Rawlplug could be cut to length) I de-flange, if
necessary, a plug, push it to the base of a hole and then cut down another
plug to fit (this also removes the narrow end of the plug, giving more
engagement).
Some internal walls are hollow blocks - bloody hard - so v. little meat. The
plugs hold OK though - if they were softer it'd be a problem.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away