Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing curtain pole track pulling from wall

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 09:40:21 UTC, larkim wrote:
I've been tasked by swmbo with fixing a couple of curtain tracks that are pulling from the wall. One is a standard white curtain rail fixed in multiple points, the other is a pole with only two fixings, one at each end.

Both are pulling from a brick wall which is plastered over, and neither fixing can take a larger screw.

How can I successfully repair the holes such that I can use the same sized screws in holes which are strong enough not to pull out again?

I use ordinary filler for that, works a treat. Polyfilla type stuff, not lightweight. Just needs a few days to dry out before refixing. You can either fill & redrill or push wallplugs in & let it set.

NT