Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing curtain pole track pulling from wall

On 03/11/2019 10:13, misterroy wrote:
On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 10:07:28 AM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 03/11/2019 09:40, larkim wrote:
I've been tasked by swmbo with fixing a couple of curtain tracks that
are pulling from the wall. One is a standard white curtain rail fixed
in multiple points, the other is a pole with only two fixings, one at
each end.

Both are pulling from a brick wall which is plastered over, and
neither fixing can take a larger screw.

How can I successfully repair the holes such that I can use the same
sized screws in holes which are strong enough not to pull out again?

car body filler after raking out the loose stuff. Do not use rawlplugs:
the body filler is drillable and screwable. And paintable. For perfect
repair leave the body filler a little below the surface then skim over.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

10mm dowel, hammer drill, and use the dowel as a rawl plug. or buy bigger screws. All my internal walls are block and these are the two methods I now use. Car body filler would probably pull out of my walls, maybe not with yours.

Then use polyester resin that will soak in first to stabilise it

Of course you have never actually TRIED car body filler, have you.
it's all handwavey armchair stuff, isnt it?

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.