Posted to uk.d-i-y
misterroy misterroy is offline

Default Fixing curtain pole track pulling from wall

On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 10:07:28 AM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 03/11/2019 09:40, larkim wrote:
I've been tasked by swmbo with fixing a couple of curtain tracks that
are pulling from the wall. One is a standard white curtain rail fixed
in multiple points, the other is a pole with only two fixings, one at
each end.

Both are pulling from a brick wall which is plastered over, and
neither fixing can take a larger screw.

How can I successfully repair the holes such that I can use the same
sized screws in holes which are strong enough not to pull out again?

car body filler after raking out the loose stuff. Do not use rawlplugs:
the body filler is drillable and screwable. And paintable. For perfect
repair leave the body filler a little below the surface then skim over.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

10mm dowel, hammer drill, and use the dowel as a rawl plug. or buy bigger screws. All my internal walls are block and these are the two methods I now use. Car body filler would probably pull out of my walls, maybe not with yours.