Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vacuum from a 12v tyre inflator?

Brian Gaff wrote:

I do hope none of what you are trying to suck out is liquid or flammable or
there might be a nasty accident. Somebody I know had an old vacuum cleaner
which he removed the filters from and tried to use it to remove gas and it
caught fire and melted its compressor due to the gas or vapour being
flammable and the motor being a brushed type.

The video showed an electric motor driving a small piston, there were
two one way valves in the cylinder, one in, the other out, modification
consisted of cutting off the pipework from the output side and attaching
new pipework to the inlet side ... the gas doesn't get sucked through
the motor.