Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vacuum from a 12v tyre inflator?

I thought they used to use bellows for this?
Sounds like you need an old harmonium or accordion and a valve or
something. I'm sure there haves to be a low tech way of doing it as they
have been making home brew beer of hundreds of years.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
newshound wrote :
Not usually IME. Is an ordinary vacuum cleaner any good? Probably only a
psi or so. I have a cheap manual pump from ebay that does better, but
still not a physicists' vacuum. IIRC some people have used old
compressors out of fridges/freezers to get a better vacuum.

A vacuum cleaner might do it, but I was looking for something a bit
smaller and less cumbersome. I'm just starting beer and wine making again,
after several decades absence. The vacuum is suggested to aid drawing the
dissolved CO2 out, before bottling.