Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Floppy drive

In message , T i m
writes
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 12:51:18 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip

I wonder if the disconnected front panel button is 'Reset'? The only
other button I can think of was the old 'Turbo' (Brake?) but that's
not been used to *years*.

There are 3 buttons all moderately recessed. They each have obscure (to
me) symbols. The main stop/start has a backwards C and an inserted
hyphen.

Is that 'Power button?'

Yes.

A fully recessed button has a side view cylinder

Could that be the hard drive activity light?

If it is, it doesn't do anything.

and the other a
backwards circular arrow.

I think that's reset.

OK.

I wouldn't bother about the old XP drive. This one is close mounted with
the CD drive and not easily got at.

I'm not sure any PC mechanics would bother me. ;-)

I expect it is not called up in the bios so a look may solve the issue.

It might be in the Onboard Peripherals section or some such. Floppy
drive controller Enable / Disable.

For £10.00 I can copy stuff and then throw the drive away.

Or I lend you mine. ;-)

snip

Good luck with the move. If you hired a removals lorry you could just
walk all your belongings though it to River Cottage. ;-)

A fair bit has moved already by fork lift truck and flat barrow:-)

Did you sort the leaky ram on your loader (or was that the fork lift
you mention)?

Yes. All done. Rather epic loading that cylinder into the Zafira. I now
have a spare set of hardwood semi circular chocks!

--
Tim Lamb