Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerry Osage[_2_] Jerry Osage[_2_] is offline

Default Laundry platform

On Sat, 02 Nov 2019 16:12:25 -0400, Clare Snyder wrote:

Many subfloors ARE glued, particularly when used with web truss
joists - and ALL of my subfloors are screwed to the joists. Glued and
screwed floors do NOT squeak.

I find this thread interesting. Over engineering and over building adds a
very small percentage of the overall cost to the project.

Detractor: "You could have gotten by with just using ___."

Me: "I didn't want to just get by, For $10, and an hour more work, I went
from adequate to overkill - that's cheap insurance and peace of mind - and
it looks damn good."
--
Jerry O.