Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Vacuum from a 12v tyre inflator?

On 02/11/2019 14:50, newshound wrote:
On 02/11/2019 14:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I have a need to create a slight vacuum and I have one of those cheap,
12v car tyre inflators unused in my workshop. They obviously have a
pressure output port, anyone know it is likely to have an internal
suction port I could repurpose?

Not usually IME. Is an ordinary vacuum cleaner any good? Probably only a
psi or so. I have a cheap manual pump from ebay that does better, but
still not a physicists' vacuum. IIRC some people have used old
compressors out of fridges/freezers to get a better vacuum.

About a tenth of an atmosphere, according to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FqKxE9ttY