Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Electric towel rail

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 08:45:45 +0000, Robert
wrote:

On 01/11/2019 17:35, newshound wrote:
In article ,
*** Mike Halmarack wrote:
Well, one thing it does, apart from drying towels, is warm the bathroom.

But not much, if covered with towels. I have a rad too.

Depends on the details, though. Mine (on the heating) does in fact
provide enough heat (although it isn't normally completely covered with
towels, since we mostly use a separate shower room).

I have a large CH rad in the bathroom for fast heat and a fancy
designer towel rail with an electric element and integrated adjustable
thermostat on a time switch for drying/warming the towels especially in
the summer.
Installation instructions were to almost fill with water , heat up to
max with bleed plug out for a while then top up and close bleed plug .
I added a little fennox rad treatment as well !

That seems to be the type of towel rail that I've seen most of in my
searches. To save a few hundred quid I might settle for one of those.
--

Mike