Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Incubus[_2_] Incubus[_2_] is offline

Default Farage: ?Q?=E2=80=9CThis?= deal is not?Q?Brexit=2E=E2=80=9D?=

On 2019-11-01, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tufnell Park wrote:
On 01/11/2019 11:58, Stephen Cole wrote:
I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so!

Farage is contesting all seats unless Boris junks his deal in favour
of crashing out with nothing. The Tories, of course, won‘t do that, so
they are, of course, now doomed in the General Election.

Labour landslide forthcoming.

Much as it pains me to say it, you are probably right about that. GULP!

Even the 'dogs in the street' can see that.

The arrogance and stupidity of politicians is astonishing.

My guess is we'll end up with yet another hung parliament. In practice, no
different from the current one.

I'm not so certain. There appears to be a split in The Brexit Party itself
over this issue. Leavers have a viable option in the Conservative Party and
Remainers who respect the result and just want to get things done have this
option likewise. There is also the issue of votes being split between Labour
and Lib Dems. Some people just want to see the issue resolved one way or
another and don't want any further frustration.

Although polls aren't to be taken at face value, they show a significant lead
for Boris at present. Nigel is threatening to tell everyone that Boris' deal
is not really leaving the EU but I don't see him gaining much support. Even
his supporters are questioning what he is playing at.

To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been since the 1930s that a newly minted
party has been accused of succeeding only in splitting the vote in a number of
constituencies and allowing a rival party to form a government (The New Party).
The Brexit Party claims to have the machinery to fight a General Election but
they're no longer the party of leaving the EU; they are the party of leaving
the EU in a very specific manner.