Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Mobility scooter trouble

On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 7:30:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 12:39:19 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 11:00:42 UTC, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

When switched on it bleeps an error 7 code. I can find nothing technical
online about it at all. It's a Rio 4 (sold under several other names, the
only other one I can remember being Mercury)

I had this fault code on a "TGA Eclipse" , which the manual identified
as a speed control fault. When I dismantled the control panel, the loom
connector fell off the board connector, it hadn't been clipped in
properly and had gradually worked loose. Perhaps the speed control
connections were the first to go open circuit or perhaps Code 7 was the
first thing the error code software picked up on.

Maybe that's it, the throttle isn't zeroing right either. I'll go look at that later on. Thanks.

NT

Looks like you were right, zero the throttle and it starts ok repeatedly. The end user says thank you.

NT

Not spring loaded to zero? Nice when a solution is found.