Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Better electric razor

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 13:53:16 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 11:34:34 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 12:27:55 PM UTC-4, A K wrote:
On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 4:56:42 AM UTC-5, T wrote:
On 10/24/19 10:14 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 24 Oct 2019 22:07:39 -0700 (PDT),
RosemontCrest wrote:

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 5:56:33 PM UTC-7, T wrote:
On 10/24/19 2:13 PM, A K wrote:
I currently use a Norelco 6424 rotary shaver.

It does a poor job of shaving, taking multiple passes and it also pulls hairs even with new blades.

Any recommendations on something better?

Preferably one whose blade replacements do not cost almost as much as a new razor.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy,

You do realize that electric razors, also know as electric
hair pullers or electric face massagers, are our Wives'
revenge for buying them that $4.00 bottle of perfume
from WalMart?

Never met one that actually worked.

:'(

-T

What is an electric *razor*?

A razor that is electric. Have you never seen one?

They either pull your hair out or the gently message
your face

In researching electric razors, I saw that many work wet.

So I decided to experiment with my "dry" only rotary razor.

I wet my face and put on foam shaving cream.

I was pleasantly surprised to see it shaved almost as well as a blade shave.

And NO pulling of hairs either. :-)

I just had to rinse it off about 5 times.
No water got even close to getting much below the blades.

I would think the wet method should extend the life of the blades.

Andy

Um, dude, the reason we shave with an electric is to avoid the hassle of shaving cream, sinks, cleanup, and time. We give up a little of the closeness of shave for the convenience.

You've figured a way to combine the worst features of both.

Sorry dude, but you overlook some things. My method is much quicker and cleaner than the blade method.

And I get no cuts which can not be said for the blade method.

Last time I cut myself with a blade was several years ago. If I
shave every day my PhiliShave rotary does the job quite well - and
quickly with no fuss. If I leave the stubble grow for a few days I
need the scythe!! I shave in the shower - using shampoo/body wash
-and a 4 blade Quatro shaver.About the 5th shave it starts to pull and
I change blades - only cut myself with DULL razors - - -
My Phili can be used wet or dry -I use it dry but wash it out under
the tap.