Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Kenyon John Kenyon is offline

Default IT question (slightly OT)

On 29/10/2019 20:29, newshound wrote:
I do incremental backups of a couple of datasets with simple batch files
using Robocopy /MIR. These normally work fine, except after the clock
change when they back up everything on the grounds that the target files
are all "older". IIRC they do this for both directions of clock change.
No huge deal to "live with it" but interested to know if there might be
a fix.

Change the timing of your backups so that the date stamps will never
look older. I would suggest somewhere between 3am and 6am for daily
backups or Sunday night/Monday morning for weekly.
(3am because it won't happen twice, 6am on the random assumption that
you want the backup to be completed before humans start working.)