Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Smart meters to be compulsary?

On 31/10/2019 10:07, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Until all the companies can actually supply a customer monitor module that
has a voice so it can be used by blind people, they will not offer us one
according to EDF. However I've heard and touched one which is now,
apparently available and yet EDF have they say never heard of it, instead
offering an Echo skill or a smart phone app instead.
I am just going to sit here and wait and see what happens. I've seen three
meter changes over the years in this property. Apparently, meters have to go
to be refurbished every so often and hence they will probably leave the
hassle of changing them till that period is reached. However if they are
still reconditioning old ones, maybe you can get one of those. What would be
nice is to have an economy 7 type system where you can elect to ovr ride it
in circumstances where cost is not the issue. After all we can do that on
water heaters already. When I asked about it I was told that I'd need to
change all my storage heaters and give each a dual supply.

Turning a storage heater on during peak times won't do much good as
it'll just be heating the storage bricks. Dual supply storage heaters
have a separate element at the top that gives instant heat.

--
Max Demian