Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cherry Picker

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 00:56:51 -0000, Jim White wrote:

Which is why London Freemasons are raising 2.5 million pounds for two
extended height aerial vehicles. Currently being built in Germany.
https://www.everydayhero.co.uk/event/E2058F

I'll leave the ethics of relying on charity to fund essential equipment
for someone else to comment on.

Personally I'd not be happy for Cumbria Fire & Rescue spending that
sort of money on an aerial platform that would essentially gather
dust in a garage. Spending a tiny fraction of it finding out who has
what "useful bits of kit" and maintaining a database of that
information would be a far better value.

All the Air Ambulance services are charities and don't receive any on
going government funding. 9 of the 18 have recently got a share of
£10m one off funding for new and improved facilties.

--
Cheers
Dave.