Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cherry Picker

No cos the outside was alight.
To be honest I do feel the witch hunt for the Fire service here is a little
unfair. Why?
Well the advice to stay in your room is sound had it not been for
extensive work done on the building which compromised the sealed unit
approach. Remember no sprinklers and not many stairs, due to the age of the
building. If there had been a stampede out people would have been trampled.
I am not aware that the fire service were aware of the dire state of the
modifications to the structure. If a criticism is needed its why the
residents warnings about the problems for some years had not been passed on
to the fire service who might have had more clout to get the issues fixed
before the inevitable happened.
It is as is so often the case easy with 2020 hindsight to be critical. Its
not going to bring people back. The whole modification and fire approval of
buildings scheme needs a rethink.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John" wrote in message
2.222...
One hell of a cherry picker used in that chimney rescue attempts in
Cumbria.

Would it have helped at Grenfell?