Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default repair zipper on favorite fleece jacket or convert to buttons?

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 29 Oct 2019 18:10:40 -0400, Jim Horton
wrote:

On 10/29/19 5:52 PM, micky wrote:

Instead of trashing it, why not give it to Goodwill Industries or the
Salvation Army. Goodwill will repair it themselves (if they still do
that) and sell it, and use the money mostly for job training for
handicapped people. I don't think the salvation army repairs things but
they may sell it to someone who can repair it, someone will wear it even
though it doesn't close, or ship it abroad to people who need clothes.

At any rate, it's not just you, but loads of people who it seems just
throw in the trash things they cannnot use instead of giving them to one
of these two places or another charitable thrift shop. It's wasteful
and I don't understand it, especially from someone who doesn't have
unlimited income himself.

And THANK YOU for the kind reminder! The jacket is in good enough shape

You're welcome. It's rare that advice here that can be construed as
criticism is taken so well.

that I will either do as you suggest, if I'm not able to fix it, or
there are two clothing bins nearby always looking for unwanted clothing
and I could place it in one of those. I'm actually kicking myself for
not thinking of those who may be in need here!