Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Cherry Picker

In article , NY wrote:
"John" wrote in message
2.222...
One hell of a cherry picker used in that chimney rescue attempt in
Cumbria.

Yes it was. 260 feet high (probably a bit more since they are always
operated with a least a *bit* of a bend at the elbow joint.

So sad that it didn't get there in time to save the man. I wonder why he
went up the tower - a prank, or an attempt to unfurl a protest banner?

If Fred Dibnah had still been with us, I bet he'd have shinned up the
ladder and rescued the guy, with no regard to health and safety or
whether it would lead to "half a day out with the undertaker".

Would it have helped at Grenfell?

I suppose it would have got some people out, though I imagine it takes
quite a while to lower and raise, so there may have been a long delay
between rescuing one load of people and the next.

and it came from Glasgow, so probably wouldn't have got to West London in
time.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England