Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Brown Electricity and Gas meter boxes

On 30/10/2019 08:14, Mark Carver wrote:
On 29/10/2019 18:18, ARW wrote:
On 29/10/2019 18:08, Mark Carver wrote:
Are they made of brown GRP, or white GRP painted brown ?

And why are they twice the price of white ones ?

TIA

They are brown GRP.

Ta

Supply and demand.

Well yes, but they seem to be trapped in a negative spiral. I see loads
of white meters in walls, and think a brown one
would look so much better. I'd say probably in the majority of cases
brown is better, but few get fitted because they are expensive !

Anyway, I don't care, I've ordered a brown one.

On some new builds I worked at a few years (probably 7 years ago) a
brown gas box was a PP requirement. The electricity meter also had to be
indoors.

I would never have classed Arksey as a conservation area:-)

--
Adam