Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Drain blocked with caustic soda

NY wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
My guess would be the size and shape of the pellets and the rate of
adding water would be important factors. Aren't you supposed to
gradually add the NaOH to the water and use the solution?

And, as with any dangerous solid or liquid (eg exothermic in contact with
water), always add solid/liquid to an excess of water rather than water to
an excess of solid/liquid. Had that drummed into me in chemistry lessons!

Agreed. That's what I meant by 'gradually' - but I could have stated it
more clearly.

--

Roger Hayter