Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default the finicky lock issue resolved... you won't believe what it was!

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 30 Oct 2019 03:43:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 9:03:36 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

***Also nicer than average, two alarms, music or beeping, plus a nap
setting up to 2 hours, 15 minutes at a time. All of these start softly
and get louder over a minute or so.

I got tired of waking up in a panic when my Radio Shack alarm clock went
off. I switched to my cell phone on its lowest volume. It doesn't take
much to wake me up, and I don't need snooze or any of that other stuff.
My feet are on the floor pretty much before I've silenced the alarm.

Even when I'm watching a movie and hear an alarm clock, I get an
adrenaline rush.

Cindy Hamilton

You'd make a good gunslinger.

Actually the 2 hour limit on the nap setting is too short. I'd like it
to be 10 hours, so maybe I'm up all night and go to sleep at 8AM, I'd
wake up no later than 6PM. Or at least 4 hours.

So I've looked for even more options on a clock radio, but the stores I
went to didn't have more than one model. They're not the big thing
anymore.

Maybe changing to the cell phone is what I need.

(When I'm traveling, I have a nap program (a countdown timer) and an
alarm program on the laptop, but when I'm home the laptop's usuually
stuffed in a corner.)