Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Brown Electricity and Gas meter boxes

In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
On 29/10/2019 18:18, ARW wrote:
On 29/10/2019 18:08, Mark Carver wrote:
Are they made of brown GRP, or white GRP painted brown ?

And why are they twice the price of white ones ?

TIA

They are brown GRP.

Ta

Supply and demand.

Well yes, but they seem to be trapped in a negative spiral. I see loads
of white meters in walls, and think a brown one
would look so much better. I'd say probably in the majority of cases
brown is better, but few get fitted because they are expensive !

Anyway, I don't care, I've ordered a brown one.

at our last house, I painted the box with a reddy-brown paint to match the
brickwork.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England