Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Mobility scooter trouble

wrote:
When switched on it bleeps an error 7 code. I can find nothing technical
online about it at all. It's a Rio 4 (sold under several other names, the
only other one I can remember being Mercury) with a 'pg drives
technology' "s drive" OR "s-drive" controller - for which no search hits.

Clues: the bleeping has been intermittent. Operating the motor disengage
switch often sorted it, but no longer does. The electric friction brake
has been operating inconsistently.

Checks: testing the connectors that plug into the controller /i
consistently get a 50 ohm load that can only be the friction brake, so
that looks ok. I can't tell how the motor disengage switch is wired up.
The back end should come apart for access to motor, brake & disengage
switch but it seems to be seized, making access there a mare. I've
noticed that it will work once every large number of times.

I don't understand the controller at all, other than it's obviously an H
bridge driver. I looked for cracked joints to the termminals, no problem found there.

Where can I go from here? I'd check the disengage switch next if I could
get to it, but I can't.

NT

7 code might be throttle trip when inserting key on.

Greg