Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Horton Jim Horton is offline

Default the finicky lock issue resolved... you won't believe what it was!

A few weeks back, I posted here about the fact that my car's remote
sometimes wouldn't function and the single key I have wouldn't unlock
the doors. I found out why the key wouldn't work, but that's a separate
issue. Today, the remote did it again and wouldn't unlock the car.
This time, opening and moving the battery, etc did no good and I had to
put around wet concrete), and break into my car through the passenger
side door. No damage, I've had to do it before but luckily I didn't
have to walk miles this time. Anyway, the remote is fine. A few weeks
ago, I picked up a 12v cigarette lighter adapter with two USB outputs.
When the adapter is plugged in, my remote won't work! This cigarette
lighter to USB adapter must be causing an interfering signal that
prevents remote function. It is the brand that Dollartree carries. I
guess in this case, you definitely get what you pay for!